Jack3D Micro Review
If you’ve been into bodybuilding for a while, chances are you’ve heard of Jack3D from USPLabs. Jack3D made a name for itself as a powerhouse pre-workout supplement, able to provide high energy levels, muscle building help, and more impressive muscle pumps.
When the U.S. Food and Drug Administration cracked down on DMAA, however, the future of Jack3D was thrown into question.
While the conundrum has not yet been resolved, USPLabs has responded by adding a new product to its lineup–Jack3D Micro. Jack3D Micro is the result of 18 months of research and has just been released to the public.
According to advertisers, Jack3D Micro provides the same benefits as the original Jack3D formula, without the side effects.
Why Create Jack3D Micro?
USPLabs created Jack3D Micro due to increasing worry over the inclusion of DMAA, or 1,3-dimethylamylamine. DMAA is an organic compound that has often been included in dietary supplements for its ability to stimulate thermogenesis, or fat burning in the body.
However, the FDA and others gradually grew concerned over some side effects associated with DMAA. These include dry mouth, elevated heart rate, strokes, and even heart attacks. When the compound was banned, USPLabs continued to insist that Jack3D was safe and decided not to pull it from the market until directly told to do so by the FDA.
They did, however, start creating an alternative pre-workout supplement that would perform the same functions but without DMAA and other stimulants.
How Is It Different From Jack3D?
As previously stated, the main differences between Jack3D and Jack3D Micro are found in the ingredient profile. Jack3D Micro sticks to the “no frills” mentality of USPLabs, which means you won’t be paying extra for complicated packaging or artificial dyes, but it does offer a completely different ingredient profile from its predecessor.
eNOS Super Performance System (2799mg)
This proprietary blend contains:
• L-Citrulline is an amino acid that was first isolated in 1930. This organic compound is used to help the body cycle nitrogen. Alongside the following ingredient, citrulline is used to produce and maintain proper levels of nitric oxide. This molecule is responsible for expanding the capacity of blood vessels and allowing more blood to flow to muscles in the body, carrying higher amounts of nutrients needed for tissue growth.
• Arginine works in tandem with L-Citrulline to produce these effects. Another amino acid, arginine is perhaps the stronger of the two and can support nitric oxide production on its own. However, when combined, the effect is greater and you can build muscles more quickly than you would otherwise.
• Agmatine Sulfate is often referred to “super arginine” for its ability to break down the amino acid and help it absorb into the bloodstream. A common inclusion in supplements for bodybuilders and athletes, agmatine sulfate is said to lead to enhanced muscle pumps, greater nutrient levels, and a higher production of both growth hormone and luteinizing hormone.
• Grape Seed is said to boost muscle energy and calorie burning, according to several new animal studies. In one, rats went 14 hours without food and were then fed lard either with or without grape seed. Those who were fed grape seed showed lower levels of triglycerides and glycerol in the blood, meaning that the grape seed had activated ATP production in the rats’ muscles. Following this logic, muscle energy could be created in humans as well with the addition of grape seed extract.
CNS Stimulant System (190mg)
This proprietary blend contains:
• Caffeine is the only ingredient to remain from the original Jack3D. This fat-burning stimulant cuts away at white adipose tissue allowing for better muscle definition and easier muscle creation. And, with more muscle, your body is able to burn even more fat, so the effects work in a beneficial cycle.
• Norcoclaurine HCL is a relatively new chemical in the field of pre-workout supplements. Norcoclaurine is said by supporters to be able to help increase both focus and mental clarity without inhibiting the production of nitric oxide. Because of this, you get energy from norcoclaurine without the give-and-take of most stimulants.
• Dihydroxycinnamic Acid, or caffeic acid, is able to increase your endurance level. This effect was verified in one study involving rats, wherein rats fed caffeic acid exhibited less fatigue and better muscle tolerance than did rats that went without supplementation. This ingredient rounds out the Jack3D Micro formula to help give you long-term energy as well as muscle-building support.
Vitamin C (100mg) is included in this mix not to combat cold and infection, but to suppress the body’s release of the stress hormone cortisone. Cortisone is responsible for decreasing your testosterone production, which can wreak havoc on the body and compromise all your best bodybuilding efforts. It also leads to the production of abdominal fat, which is the last thing you want when you’re trying to get cut.
Will There Be Any Side Effects With Jack3D Micro?
Jack3D Micro seems to rely heavily on nitric oxide production, which means there will some inevitable side effects.
Mild side effects of nitric oxide include gastrointestinal distress such as diarrhea and irregular bowel movements.
However, over time these side effects could become more serious. According to the Mayo Clinic, arginine and l-citrulline act like blood thinners because of their vessel-widening properties. This leads to low blood pressure, and many bodybuilders that supplement with nitric oxide develop hypotension.
Nitric oxide is also responsible for an increase in blood sugar levels. Together with low blood pressure, this can cause dizziness.
These side effects will likely be more serious if you already deal with blood pressure and blood sugar issues.
What Do Customers Think?
Because Jack3D Micro was only released on August 13, customer reviews have been far and few between. However, here’s a sample of reviews I’ve found from bodybuilders who have already tried this pre-workout supplement.
“I got this product as part of the USPLabs Inner Circle release and this is my new favorite pre-workout supplement. Tastes a million times better than the original and works just as great. If you want to feel 100% the entire workout then this is your secret weapon. From my experience most people in the pre-workout market shop around the different products to find something different and this one is a must try in my opinion.”
“Man, when I heard that jack3d micro was coming, I couldn’t wait. I got it, tried, and wow yes it does give you energy but it’s a slow steady kind.”
“I have to say i’m disappointed with all the hype I expected something better. Theres no denying the old formula was great and exceeded in providing a great workout. I been on this jack 3d micro for 1 week. It gives you a little focus, but no pump and the energy is minor. If you’re looking for focus this pre workout is for you. To conclude, theres better pre workouts in the market don’t follow the hype”
“excellent product great pump and energy”
“Right off the bat its taste is miles ahead of the old formula , energy is much more sustained and the pump caught me by surprise! Truly a step in the right direction.”
How Much Does Jack3D Micro Cost and How Do I Use It?
Right now, Jack3D Micro is retailing for $35.99 a bottle. With about 30 scoops in each, you should be good for about six weeks if you work out five times a week.
USPLabs recommend that you take one scoop with three to four ounces of water 30 to 45 minutes prior to your workout. Once you establish tolerance, you can up the amount by a half a scoop if you need. You should never use it more than five days out of any seven-day period.
It’s too soon to say whether or not this dosage works for most users, but I would strongly recommend not exceeding this dosage. The side effects of nitric oxide supplementation are severe enough that overdosing could be extremely dangerous.
Overall, however, this seems to be a great financial deal on a new pre-workout supplement from a trusted brand.
Should I Try Jack3D Micro?
Jack3D Micro seems to be another strong product from USPLabs, but one that comes with some risks for some people. However, if you were able to deal with the stimulant-related side effects of the original Jack3D formula, you will likely enjoy this product as well.
Jack3D Micro is moderately priced, comes with mostly positive customer reviews, and definitely contains ingredients that will help support your fitness goals. However, if you suffer from low blood pressure or diabetes, I would recommend you find a less intense product as this one could cause some detrimental side effects.